In this Post: Reasons working parents should hire professional photographers. Time is precious and fleeting, especially as working parents. Document this precious time!
As a working mom, you work hard for your money. You have an iPhone that takes amazing pictures. You even took a photography class back in college. So you might be asking yourself, “Why should I hire a photographer to take pictures of my kiddo when I am fully capable of doing it myself”? Well, I’m telling you, you must!
5 Reasons Working Parents Should Hire Professional Photographers
- The Time Is Fleeting – I know, I know, everyone tells you the time is fleeting. But seriously, the time is fleeting!!! Before you know it your kiddo will be walking, then skiing, and eventually driving (can you tell I live in the mountains). And while you consider yourself a good present-minded, stop to smell the roses type of Mama, when you WORK, I’m telling you, you want ALL the moments captured. These precious moments won’t last forever.
- You Will WANT To See Images Of Yourself – So maybe you are the type of person who hates having their photo taken. Even so, it is amazing to see your face captured when you look at your child with such love and admiration. This is something not to miss! To actually view the way your face lights up is truly a self-affirming, confidence boosting, beautiful, amazing thing. We love our children, and it shows!
- Intentional Dedication Of Time For Photographs Creates Better Results – By intentionally dedicating time to take photographs, by going through the act of calling and scheduling a time with a photographer, you will respect the time more. Because you respect the time more, you will capture better images. You won’t get swept up in taking out the trash, feeding the dog, or cooking meatloaf. You will be focused. Focused and Respectful. We have all heard about how it is vital to schedule self-care for ourselves. Just like scheduling self-care, we must schedule photo sessions too if we expect to document our munchkins in all their tender acts of innocence.
- Photographers Understand Better Than Us How To Capture Great Images – Speaking of better results, photographers understand lighting, aperture, and composition better than us. And don’t forget we have a tradeable skill, many photographers would love to receive a massage for their photo work. Just remember that trades is considered taxable income.
- Photos Make Excellent Gifts – Christmas, Mother’s Day, Birthday’s grandparents love receiving photo’s as gifts! And don’t think that you have to wait for the perfect moment to schedule photo sessions. Schedule them frequently. Every day our children grow and change. I’ll say it again, every day!!!
You love your little! You work hard to create a nice, nurturing, supportive, healthy environment! Make sure to capture these moments. Our babes grow up quick. That new baby smell, not something too easily documented. Their first haircut on the other hand, super easy to memorialize. You will look back and cherish these photos and never regret hiring a professional, I promise! Spoken from one working mama to the next, do it!